Monday, July 24, 2006

Sabka Katega

Okay, so as I begin to write this , I realise that it has been almost a year since I last blogged. I hope this is not the Henry Roth syndrome ( a term invented by me for no apparent reason other than to satisfy my urge for short-term creative satisfaction ) also known as the Writer's block taking its toll on me, thus depriving this world of the endless meanderings of a mind that is both brilliant and spotless at the same time.
At this point, after that introductory para which is bound to become vague in the long run, I have to think about something that captures the imagination of the reader. But even more importantly than that, i have to provide myself with some fuel. This is not taking us anywhere as you have probably already figured out (doesnt take a lot of effort so even if you havnt u can pat urself on the back equally hard)
Okay, so lets make this a little bit more specific by talking about A X B (Full name) A is a guy , living in a place called C in a country called India for reasons that fail to convince anyone who knows them. (by the way, the same goes for C too, even more so) Now A is a reasonably peaceful guy who likes to have his own share of peace (piece of peace if you will) which is hard to come by in places like C in countries like I in times like these. In these times, peace is offered in a piece-meal fashion by , uh, lets just say peace-makers (in the literal sense). So its not hard to imagine a situation where our friend A might have to resort to un-peaceful / violent measures to secure his pieces. So much for peace !
Somewhat wary of breaking the space time continuum and to a greater extent afraid of losing his pieces , Mr B (A B) continues to sweat bytes and strings and classes and namespaces for the lack of expendable water , in an effort to secure his future, in an effort to climb the corporate ladder one rung at a time. This ladder is really difficult to fall off of and so A does realise after a few years of this progression up the ladder. It becomes even more difficult as you move up, the best you can do at such heights is jump on an unoccupied rung on an occupied ladder. This jump , is always accompanied by handsome financial returns.
So A started on ladder 1 and after 5 years finds himself perched on another one (lets say 2 for the sake of completeness) ready to move on. T is the time elapsed from the moment A embarked upon this corporate safari to this moment. For a different A , there will be a different T and for some other A , T might be infinite (I wish I was this A, God bless him)
But fortunately for some A's (i hope) this T is too short. And as I now understand, all A's are invariably inspired by the acts of other A's and B's (the Aboves and Beyonds)of their generation. While there is nothing fundamentally flawed in this approach, it nevertheless puts an upper bound on one's intelligence quotient (IQ) leading the subject to make unguided and ill-informed decisions in the long run which often turn out to be good financially, thus lending more credence to the acts of the A's and B's.
Its hard to admit but good to realise that I have so far been able to remain snobbish enough to discard the A's and B's of my generation as short-sighted and creatively-challenged. Its time to start with a clean slate again.

Sabka Katega Ram !!

No comments: